Public records will be available for inspection and copying at the Franconia Township Police Department during normal business hours with the exception of holidays in accordance with Section 302(a) of the Pennsylvania Right-to-Know Law (Act 3 of 2008). Requests shall be in writing and directed to:
Open Records Officer (or his designee)
Franconia Township Police Department
671 Allentown Road
Telford, PA 18969-2205
Written requests shall include:
- the date of the request;
- the name and address of the requester;
- and a clear description of the records sought.
- Copies – $0.25 per page
- Certification of a Record – $1 per record
- Specialized Documents (blue prints etc.) – Actual Cost
- Facsimile/Microfiche/Other Media – Actual Cost
- Accident Reports – $20 (A full report of the police investigation of any vehicle accident shall be furnished to any person involved in the accident, his attorney or insurer, and to the Federal Government, branches of the military service, Commonwealth agencies, and to officials of political subdivisions and to agencies of other states and nations and their political subdivisions.)
Police Department employees shall cooperate with those requesting records to review and/or duplicate original Police Department documents while taking reasonable measures to protect Police Department documents from the possibility of theft and/or modification. All personal information, such as dates of birth and/or social security numbers from all persons mentioned in any records shall be redacted by the Police Department to help eliminate the possibility of identity theft.
The Open Records Officer shall review all written requests for access to public records. As soon as possible, but no later that five (5) business days after receiving a written request to access public records, the Open Records Officer shall respond to all such requests in a manner consistent with Act 3 of 2008, the Right-to-Know Law.
If a written request is denied or deemed denied, the requester may file an appeal within 15 business days of the mailing date of the response or within 15 business days of a deemed denial with the:
Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office
P.O. Box 311
Norristown, PA. 19404